Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thai people are telepathic

       I don't know about other people who comment on politics, but I find the need to make fun of myself from time to time in order to stop from getting worked up about politics.  So, in this blog, I'm going to apply my normal questioning and letting truth and facts guide me to a conclusion to a ridiculous situation.  This ridiculous situation is the simple act of ordering Thai food.
      I was hungry so I decided to order some Thai food for my roommate and I.  I called the Thai place that I've ordered from a number of times before.  On one particular occassion, when they arrived at my door, I had the following conversation with the delivery man:

me: Do you know what I'm going to order before I call you?

Delivery guy: Yes

me: so you read my mind?  What do you do?  Prepare the food and the wait for me to call?

Delievery guy: Yes we do

Me: Really, so before I call you, the food is prepared and you wait for me to call and then come deliver it?

Delivery guy "Yes"

Now, it is quite possible that he didn't know English and just decided to say "Yes" to everything I said and one time decided to add "we do" to it.  Or perhaps he realized I was joking so he decided to play along.  Or maybe, just maybe, he was telling me the truth.

On this particular occassion I looked at my watch and made the phone call to the Thai place.  I ordered the food and gave my credit card, which is always a feat because their English is not too good.  I hung up the phone and went about my life until the doorbell rang.  When the doorbell rang, I was shocked.  I thought it was my landlord or some other person for upon looking at my watch, it had only been 12 minutes since I called.  This Thai place is a seven minute walk away.  Granted, he probably had a bike but still there is commuting time.  So, I called, told them my order, had to repeat my credit card information, hung up, they started making the food (I'm guessing), finished preparing it, gave it to a delivery man, who then packed up his bike and brought it to my door in 12 minutes?   I just don't think that's possible.  The only logical conclusion is that these Thai people, with their Tai Chi or whatever they practice, has given them a capacity that they can read minds.  They know when someone is going to call, what they're going to order, so have the food prepared before the phone call takes place. 

  The average human uses 10% of his brain.  Thai people tap into the other 90% in order to achieve telepathic power, and they utilize it to deliver food very quickly to your door step.  I'm sure they decide to win the lottery every now and then never going for big jack pots because then you have to publicize that you won.  That's why they can afford to have low prices for their food.  So, when around Thai people, don't think ill of them...they'll know.

No comments:

Post a Comment