Monday, November 1, 2010

Forever 21...Grow up

This is going to be very short.  I think I've discovered a problem in today's society.  Everybody wants to live in Neverland.  Nobody wants to admit they are grown up.  We glorify "Cougars" now as the feminist movement has gotten so ridiculous that older women are going after college students or young men.  Women are looking for young meat during the mid-life crisis just as how men notoriously have in the past.  You have parents who want to be their kids' friends rather than admit they don't listen to the same music or watch the same shows they do.  They try so hard to be hip.  It bothers me that though people at work are my parent's age they all listen to the same music that I listened to growing up.  It doesn't endear them to me it's creepy.       
      Once the generation gap is blurred, kids do not have structure and discipline they need.  With no guidance, the future doesn't look too bright.  We live in a world where adults want to be kids and kids want to be adults.  Where will the moral compass come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment