Monday, May 16, 2011

Longer life is not a sign of how far we've come

I hear ad nauseum that a vast majority of every person that ever lived past 70 is still alive today (last I heard 67%).  This is vomited out to somehow prove at how great our medicine is.  I document in my book The World Hasn't Progressed in 5,000 Years how I'm unimpressed with medical advancements, but now I'm going to attack these "longer lives."

Is it true that in the old days they didn't live longer?  Yes.  but also in the old days, people didn't take multiple pills every day just to maintain their life.  Is that really a life?  Any time you necessitate a pill box marked by each day of the week, you're cheating.  I know this is true for pretty much everyone over the age of 50, but there in lies my point, look how many pills you have to take a day to maintain your health.  You want me to be impressed by that?  That's like getting yourself cryognically frozen for 200 years and demanding praise for living so much longer than everyone else.  Scientists and doctors will tell you that these pills have no effect, but all drugs have effects, and these are drugs. A drug is defined as any substance other than food that affect the way your mind and body work....these pills you're taking every day, is it food?  No, Does it affect the way your body works?  Yes, you would be decrepid and extremely unhealthy without it, therefore, it is drugs you're taking and all drugs have effects.  These drugs take on a variety of euphemisms such as Bio-identical hormones, vitamins, supplements, replacement therapy, hormones etc etc.  If it looks like a pill, is taken like a pill and performs like a pill, it's a pill.   Critically injured people living on machines could live for a very long time on that machine, but guess what, their quality of life sucks so much, that sometimes their family chooses to unhook the machine.  This little 10 different pills a day to maintain your health, is just a lesser form of this.

So, I choose to live a natural life.  I don't go to the doctor when I'm sick, I don't take medication, I don't take pills.  I constantly give my immue system a lot of practice, and guess what, I do much better than the vast majority of people that take these supplements/drugs/medication etc. etc. etc.  And if I have to choose between having a yearly colonoscopy or death, I choose death.

No comments:

Post a Comment