Sunday, May 15, 2011

New age women and relationships

As I look around, I see a vast change in what women want in a man.  Men haven't changed much in what we want, which is interesting but women seem to no longer like strong men.  I'm not talking about confident men, as that is still consistent but they no longer like a man to fight for them.  They much rather prefer passive, non-aggressive men, unless of course they're aggressive toward them, because then they're assholes and chics love assholes. 

This came to me when someone close to me was telling me the story of how he met his fiancee.  During that story, he said that after pursuing her, he found her talking with a bunch of guys.  He backed off and observed her get hit on by his cousin's friends.  Now, obviously since I told you that he is talking about his fiancee, you know how the story ends.  But, here the interesting part...he got the girl by not fighting for her.  He got the girl by standing back as others moved in.  In the old days, if guys are hitting on the girl you like, you step in.  You fight for her.  But now, you get the girl by not fighting and being passive.  How did this happen?

The other example I saw of this is when I watched a fight break out over a girl.  If you think I'm going to say the girl liked the winner, thus contradicting what I"ve already said, you are wrong.  When the fight was over, the woman came rushing to the loser to take care of him and villified the victor.  Only in the human species does a woman value the loser of a fight over the winner.  Now, there are a couple scenarios where this is acceptable.  For one, if the guy is fighting to defend the girl because she's in trouble, winning or losing is acceptable because you are getting hurt for her.  But, if there is just a fight for who the better man is, objectively the woman should go to the victor...yet this is not the case.

Now, the femininst movement is probably to blame for this.  Women have always taken care of men in the home, and now they've extended it to all aspects of life, work, home, confrontation.  What exactly is left for the man to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment